MADHYA PRADESH BHOJ (OPEN) UNIVERSITY
A Global Mega University
MPBOU is reaching the unreached with multi
dimensional multi media system.
MPBOU is a State Open University established under an
Act of State Assembly in 1991 with the objectives of extension and expansion of
Higher Education by reaching the unreached through various flexible means
suited to the Open and Distance education mode using emerging information and
About the University
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University (MPBOU) was established under an Act of State Assembly in 1991.
The University disseminates knowledge and quality education to different target group of learners irrespective of their age, gender, region, status and employment. MPBOU is the main University in the sate for providing easily accessible and quality higher education through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system. One of the important objectives of the University, as mentioned in the Act, is the extension and expansion of Higher Education by reaching the unreached through various flexible means suited to the open and distance education mode using emerging Information and Communication Technology. In view of this objective maximum study centres of MPBOU are in those areas where there are no other system of higher education in the vicinity of 30 km. The University also gives due emphasis to special target groups of learners coming from rural/tribal areas and those suffering from the physical disabilities.
The MPBOU has an enrolment of 1.5 lac students and is the second largest Open University in the country.
One of the main aims of the University is to develop and provide easily accessible system of higher education and training, by use of different modes of educational inputs such as lessons in print, text books, contact teaching, practical classes, TV/Radio/Video/Audio programmes, using satellite communication, etc. The University has, by now, developed systems which are capable of providing quality higher education and training even in remote and less developed rural and tribal areas. A feature of the system is the orientation to take special care of the requirements, expectations and training needs of interested individuals, practising professionals and students. Thus, the ultimate goal of the University is to provide higher education and training at the doorstep of the professionals, students and other seekers of education. In India, just 6.5% of school leavers go on to higher education, compared to 30% in developed countries, hence the MPBOU is working earnestly for making higher education more accessible.
Mission and Vision
- Seamless, effective and sustainable interventions to develop, upgrade and recycle human resources for areas critical to national development including the well being of the community.
- Cost effective, extension and promotion of quality education to reach the unreached.
- Determination of standards and maintenance of quality in distance education.
- Interventions for the well-being of the community.
- Omnipresent and omnipotent education using emerging information and communication technologies.
- Success through Access.
- Extension and Expansion of Higher Education by reaching the un-reached through various flexible means suited to the Open and Distance education mode using emerging information and communication technology.
- To promote national integration and the integrated development of human personality for the well being of the community.
- To determine/maintain standards and promote Distance Education
- Easily accessible system of Higher education
- Different modes of educational inputs
- TV/Radio/internet Radio/Video/Audio programs through Satellite
- The University has hub of Edusat –a satellite totally dedicated to Higher Education
- Special care of the requirement, expectations and training needs of tribal and rural areas
- Bhojvani- Internet Radio for distance Learners
- Bhojdarshan- Video Lectures for distance Learners
Programmes offered by the University
- Research Degree Program leading to PhD
- Management and Commerce programs(MBA, BBA, M.Com., B.Com., PGDIM and PGDHTM etc)
- IT and Computer science Programs (MCA, MCS, MIT, BIT, BCA, PGDCA, DCA etc)
- Basic sciences Programs (M.Sc., B.Sc., PGDBI, PGDCI etc)
- Health Science Programs (PGDDTN, PGDHHM, DNHE)
- Humanities and Social Science Programs (MA, BA)
- Special Education Programs (PGPD, B.Ed. SE-DE, FC)
- Need based Programs (LLM, MSW, MLIS, BLIS, B.Sc.(FD))
- Education Programs (B.Ed., M.Ed., D.Ed.)